Thursday, September 23, 2010

Blogging the ultimate form of technical writing?

Is there a better example of technical writing than blogging? You are constantly writing to a specific audience, usually its opinionated and highly rhetoric intensive, and bloggers are constantly trying to get their points across in the quickest simplest fashion they possibly can. I guess that might be why we all are having to keep these every week. We are constantly writing to each other and trying to interest our audience (basically ourselves) and all of us are also trying not to bore the other with wonderfully long-winded, uninteresting topics. As hard as it is to come up with something original every week that meets these criteria (im struggling right now as you can see) it definitely gives us the most practical practice, if you will, in studying and carrying out technical writing.

5 comments:

  1. I agree that blogging COULD be considered a type of technical writing, but I think that blogging is much more laid back than actual technical writing. Well at least, most blogs are a lot more laid back than I would consider a "technical" piece of writing to be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to blog. Mostly because it is so easy and laid back like Jessica said, but also it's the topic choice that often draws an audience. I try to be interesting with my blogs because otherwise people will still read it, but they probably won't come back if it was boring the first time. But if you can make a point and use pictures and videos and funny statements, there's no way you won't have a rapt audience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my first time ever blogging. It has been a good experience so far. Im still trying to figure out the whole embedding videos and such into my blog but the blogging assignment has been interesting. I agree it has been difficult to incorporate class stuff into my blog post at times but the skills of blogging that i have learned may be useful one day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is hard to come up with an interesting idea to discuss on a blog when I think of it as 'work'. If i wait until midnight before it's due to even think of something to write about, it makes it much harder. As my blog has progressed, I have found it much easier to keep my blog in the back of my mind and write little notes to myself throughout the week of some good blog ideas. These spontaneous ideas make for better blogging than a forced idea at 2am. Maybe this process could help you with your blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Although I'm really enjoying blogging, I find myself trying to please the audience to much. The direct input from peers makes the writing style somewhat different. So like you said, its hard trying to incorporate classroom discussions and please the audience.

    ReplyDelete